Gaming laptops are one of the best investments to look into on Black Friday, just for hundreds of dollars you can save on one of these portable gaming devices. Pricier laptops tend to come with higher end specs that can store and handle more graphically demanding games, useful at a time when desktop GPUs aren't in wide availability. However, it’s important to get one that can handle your gaming lifestyle for a reasonable price.
What to look for in a gaming laptop
Not all PC gamers are the same. Some just want a budget laptop to lug around as a backup to their homebound setup. Others want a higher-end device that could take on beefier games that demand more resources.
All gaming laptops have at least these five points to consider:
- Display - How big do you want your laptop to be? Also, what screen resolution do you want?
- Refresh rate - Some claim refresh rate barely matters, and some claim that it’s the difference in landing a headshot.
- CPU - CPUs manage your system behind-the-scenes to make sure it's running smoothly. Newer models can handle more strain and juggle more threads.
- GPU - Graphics cards enable users to more efficiently run graphically demanding games that wouldn’t be as beautiful without them.
- Storage - Games, videos, and other large files saturate storage. It’s less necessary to be mindful of space when there’s plenty of it.
Here’s a handpicked selection of gaming laptops with varying specs and discounts to meet your specific needs.
- Dell G15 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop - $849.99 at Best Buy (was $949.99)
- Gigabyte G5 15.6" FHD IPS Gaming Laptop (GD-51US123SH) - $827.73 at Amazon (was $1149.99)
- ASUS ROG 13.4" Touchscreen Gaming Laptop - $1399.99 at Best Buy (was $1499.99)
- Alienware M15 R5 Ryzen Gaming Laptop - $1279.99 at Dell (was $1379.99)
- MSI GS75 17.3" Stealth Gaming Laptop - $1349.99 at Amazon (was $1649.99)
- Acer Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - $999.99 at Best Buy (was $1099.99)
- Razer Blade 15 Advanced (GTX 2070) - $1499.99 at Best Buy (was $2399.99)
- Razer Blade 15 (GTX 2080) - $1599.99 at Best Buy (was $2999.99)
- Lenovo IdeaPad L340 17.3 Inch FHD Gaming Laptop - £629.99 at Amazon (was £799.99)
- Lenovo Legion 5 15.6 Inch FHD Gaming Laptop - £679.98 at Amazon (was £849.99)
- HP Pavilion Gaming 15.6" Laptop - £699.99 at Amazon (was £799.99)
- HPVictus 16-e0019na Gaming Laptop - £749 at Very (was £849)
- ASUS TUF F15 FX506HCB 15.6" Full HD Gaming Laptop - £699.99 at Amazon (was £849.99)
- ASUS TUF FX706HEB 17.3" Full HD Gaming Laptop - £849.99 at Amazon (was £999.99)
- ASUS TUF Dash FX516PM 15.6 Inch Full HD Gaming Laptop - £898.99 at Amazon (was £1019.99)
No worries if none of them match your needs! There's plenty more coming in the following weeks leading up to Black Friday.
Also check out our Black Friday PC gaming deals for accessories that could enhance your gaming laptop experience. For example, many avid gamers appreciate a comfy mouse so that they could freely move their hands in first-person shooters and open-world RPGs. Scalpers went wild with some of last year’s featured deals, so that’s something to be cautious of too.
Keep this article bookmarked! We’ll update as the most signicant discounts go live. Be sure to follow us on Jelly Deals for the additional backup, too.