Bloodborne is full of secrets, and this one is an absolute doozy you won't want to miss.
Bloodborne guide: how to access the Abandoned Old Workshop
Bloodborne has a number of hidden area, but one, the Abandoned Old Workshop, is really worth a visit. It invites all sorts of speculation about the story and characters as well as providing treasure you can't find anywhere else.
I don't want to spoil it, so let's just talk about how to get there.
- Defeat the Blood-starved Beast in Old Yharnam.
- Speak to Gherman in Hunter's Dream.
- Visit the Cathedral Ward and look for a new door on the right, from the direction you face as you warp into the zone.
- Take the lift to the top. Cross the bridge and run around the circular tower in an anti-clockwise direction. Fall down to the next ledge, and follow it around to find a new door back inside.
- Immediately after entering, step off the middle beam on the left hand side. Heal. Drop off to the next ledge in the same direction to reach the ledge with a door. (See video below.)
- Pass through the door.
There are a number of reasons to visit. Here's a checklist of things to check out:
- Does this place look ... familiar to you?
- Chest with an attire set in the lower area.
- Off-hand item on the grave near one of the door to the building.
- Something you can inspect inside near the door.
- Very rare item (needed for secret ending) on the altar inside.
- Unique item found in the cabinet in the mild of the room; take it back to the Doll.
- Lantern in the centre of the building.
Here's a great video demonstrating the falls by ZeroToHero77; it also shows you how to get to the right area from Cathedral Ward.
Back to Bloodborne guide and walkthrough.