Commendations are a material in Monster Hunter Rise. They're a type of ticket that you obtain through certain Quests.
Commendations aren't overly easy to obtain, but they do allow you to craft some high level weapons.
- How to get Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to use Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to get High Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
- How to use High Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
How to get Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
Commendations (sometimes called Commendation Tickets) are represented as an icon resembling a yellow piece of paper.
Commendations aren't dropped by any particular type of monster. Instead, you have to hunt certain monsters within a few select Quests to get them.
In-story, Commendations are awarded for acts of extreme bravery. To receive a Commendation, you need to complete a Quest with more than one monster and at least a 6 Star rating (for Village Quests) or a 3 Star rating (for Hub Quests). There's also one Special License Quest (unrated) that can net you a Commendation.
Village Quests with Commendations:
- Like a Flash of Lightning (hunt Mizutsune and Tobi-Kadachi)
- King of the Sky, Bane of the Land (hunt Rathalos and Tigrex)
- A Test of Courage (hunt Magnamalo and Zinogre)
Hub Quests with Commendations:
- Beastly Chaos (hunt Goss Harag and Tigrex)
- Disastrously Beautiful (hunt Barroth, Magnamalo, and Tobi-Kadachi)
- Tail to Tail (hunt Almudron and Bishaten)
License Quests with Commendations:
- Special License Test 3 (hunt Almudron, Rathalos, and Zinogre)
How to use Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
Commendations are used for forging and upgrading several of the game's weapons. At the time of writing, it seems that you won't need more than one Commendation per recipe for forging or upgrading.
Weapons forged with Commendations:
- Anteka Burst I
- Secta Nulo Black I
- Wooden Dog Bowgun I
Weapons upgraded with Commendations:
- Anteka Burst I
- Canyne Cannon II
- Cawscythe II
- Chaos Bow II
- Cuddly Cat II
- Elite Switch Axe I
- Fragrance II
- Gigant Makra II
- Heat Lance II
- Infernal Axe II
- Ivory Bow II
- Poison Fungasax II
- Pumpking II
- Queen Blaster II
- Sinister Axe II
- Sinister Blade II
- Sinister Blades II
- Sinister Bow II
- Sinister Bowgun II
- Sinister Gunlance II
- Sinister Hammer II
- Sinister Long Sword II
- Sinister Slasher II
- Sinister Spear II
- Sinister Staff II
- Sinister Strum II
- Sinister Sword II
- Sinister Volley II
Where to get High Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
High Commendations are, as you might expect, a step up from regular Commendations — both in their difficulty to obtain and the prestige of the weapons they can be used to craft.
You get High Commendations for completing Hub Quests of 7 Stars or more with more than one monster.
At the time of writing, the Quests we know of that meet these conditions are:
- Fought, Failed, Fired Up (hunt Anjanath and Diablos)
- A Frosty Stalemate (hunt Goss Harag and Tetranadon)
- Occupational Hazards (hunt Rajang and Zinogre)
- Omnidirectional Threats (hunt Khezu and Rakna-Kadaki)
- A Quartet of Horns (hunt two Diablos)
- Ruckus in the Ruins (hunt Almudron and Mizutsune)
- Seared Situation (hunt Magnamalo and Rathalos)
- A Whirlwind of a Stage (hunt all target monsters)
How to use High Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
High Commendations are used to craft the following powerful weapon upgrades:
- Beast Thunderbow II
- Demon Halberd II
- Demon Lance II
- Demon Rod II
- Denden Daiko II
- Gargwa Hammer
- Heaven's Glaze
- Mane Malice II
- Metal Mauler II
- Rajang Barrage II
- Rajang Club II
- Rajang Shooter II
- Suzuka Takamaru II
- Undying Blade II
- Watchdog's Howl
As with the Commendations, only one High Commendation is required to craft each upgrade.
For more information on the crafting system in Monster Hunter Rise, check out our crafting guide.
If you have other questions about the game, visit our Monster Hunter Rise guides hub page.